เขียนโดย admin เมื่อ
Wat Pa Rong (วัดป่าโรง)
Wat Pa Rong, which could be translated as the "Monastery of the Forest of the Mill", was located on the city island in the south at Pratu Chai sub-district. The monastery was located on the west bank of Khlong Pratu Thep Mi, which connected the old Lopburi River (at present Khlong Muang or City Canal) in the north with the Chao Phraya River in the south at Thep Mi water gate.
Wat Saphan Nak lie on its north, while Wat Am Yae stood on its south along the same canal. There are no traces anymore visible of the monastery above ground level.
Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.
The site is indicated on Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map drafted in 1926. The monastery have also been indicated as Wat Rom Khao or the "Monastery of the White Umbrella".
(Text & photograph by Tricky Vandenberg - March 2010)